A beautiful, calm fall day. I spent most of it in my pajamas doing a combination of housework and nothing. :) I got dinner going and decided it was time to go see my boy. I just love spending time with him. He just about fell asleep while I was grooming him - I love that. I narrowed down the dancing to not the saddling part, but cinching. As soon as I brought the cinch up under his belly, he started to move around. So, I took it slower than I ever have. I tried to imagine what he must be thinking and feeling. So I just got it on and petted him a whole lot. I went very very slow and he did good. I took him in the round pen, because we needed to do a little work and respect. He did really well. He's so smart, and he just wants to please - he really does. After lunging him for awhile I tightened up the saddle again. After that I lunged him again, and he got a tad bit sassy and did a few little bucks TOWARD me. Well, let's just say I got him loping about as fast as he could! I let him go around about 3 times like that and then brought him in. He got that message real quick. So, I was ready to take him out of the round pen. I wanted to take him up the right drive and around. He walked very carefully, stopping and looking around a lot. I just remembered that I prayed my fear would turn in to faith. And, then I just continued to ask, and praise praise praise when he would take a step. We did that as long as we needed to, and I remained completely calm through the whole thing. He didn't act silly or naughty or anything, so I think that made me comfortable. After quite a bit of nudging and waiting, he finally took off in to a steady walk. It was great! Instead of going back down the driveway and up on the hill, I took him through Chad's yard and out around the fire pit for awhile. I pushed myself and him lightly, and we did fantastic. I can't tell you how proud of him I am!!! He just makes me so darn happy I thank God that He gave him to me. So we went back up the hill, because I wanted to take him all the way down the hill and fight that fear of mine. Well, something over there stresses him out completely. He did not want to go. So, I did the same thing and kept asking and praising. The great thing is I never even once thought about giving up or getting off, or never was scared. This is so fantastically wonderful - I wish winter wasn't so close. :)
On another note, on Facebook today Moriah posted pics of her, Mackenzie and Tracy out on a ride. Brandi looks good - they all look good. I commented that they all look good. Who knows what they'll think or say about it, but it's ok, whatever it is. It's the truth, and I just want them to know I hold no grudge and I forgive.
Cocoa Puff Reyes, I love you dearly!
No comments:
Post a Comment