Wow... another summer, gone by. :( It's winding down in to fall, and I've failed to write in awhile. Sorry! First of all, I am approaching 30 pounds lost, and I feel fantastic! I love being able to EASILY go get Cocoa from down the hill, walk him, hop in the saddle from the ground, and just feel LIGHTER when I'm on him! I'm sure he appreciates that! :) Today, we trotted... On. Purpose. I set up four cones in a rectangle, and after lots of lunging I hopped on and we did some exercises. We trotted just a little, but it felt GREAT being strong up in that saddle and posting will again be so easy for me someday!!!!! I was proud of Cocoa... I brought him up from the very very bottom field, and none of the other horses came up with us. So, he was a little "alert" being that he was going up with just me. He kept his eye in that direction, and I had to work that out of him. So, we lunged awhile until he was a little more focused on what we were doing than where the other horses were. Then I hopped on. He tries to dance a little when I first go to get on. I made him back, then didn't have that problem anymore. We did some exercises from cone to cone and around, and did some trotting, some backing, and some moving hindquarters. Before I knew it, I was thinking about just what we were doing and was completely comfortable!! That's what I strive to do again, and we will. He takes good care of me, and we will get there.
My little goofball... when we were done riding I brushed him and walked him around the drive on to the road, across the street to eat some grass and clover and then took him back to pasture. We walked down half way together, then I untied him. He stood, which made me VERY happy, so I started walking down further with him. Pretty soon, he was taking off at a full gallop and I could only hear his feet going for awhile... then I saw him running and kicking up his heels when he got near the others! My heart smiled and I giggled. I love him so much!!! He is such a funny little guy!
Al and I want to go look at a place over on E that has
almost 10 acres, with an apple orchard. We could bring Cocoa there!!!
I'll report back on what it turns out to be.
For now, signing out a very, very happy girl with a very, very nice pony!
No comments:
Post a Comment