Friday, November 22, 2013

Best 'lil horse this side of the Mississippi!

Oh my Cocoa Bean. What a love! On Wednesday, I went up and did some riding in the arena. He was FANTASTIC! I went in with a plan that I drew up earlier, set up some cones, and completed the patterns. There were a few ladies in the arena (new ones were Alyssa and her horse Holly, and Chrissy with her horse Canada - pronounced cah-nah-dah) that I sat and chatted with after riding. Margo was also there (who I met on my first day there, and like very much) and she was giving Cocoa a massage while we were talking... I think he wants her to be his new owner. :) Anyway, he was great, I felt great, and it was just all-around GREAT! For the first time in a looooong time, I didn't want to get OUT of the saddle! I could have stayed and ridden all night! He was cautious around the jumps, as they were strewn about the arena. We stayed away from them for the most part, but I didn't let them stop me and that is fantastic. It helped that I set myself and Cocoa up for success, which I learned a long time ago from Tracy, and am grateful for.

We had our first lesson with Ute last Saturday, and are going to have one again tomorrow. It went really well, and I really like her. She's very in-tune with both of us, and has set some expectations that I ride and practice. That helps me a lot - I feel like I can't blow it off. I wanted to go up by Cocs tonight, but mom wants to go to dinner. Maybe I'll come get her and we can head back down to West Bend... I just don't want to NOT see him!!! OH! And I put his boots on his front feet for the first time Wednesday, since he's ouchy on the gravel... it was sooo funny! Poor guy! He stepped high and looked at it like WTH!? I love him so much! Hopefully his cooler sheet will come today and I can have that up there with us to get him from the barn to the arena when we're done. So many new, very cool and exciting things!!!

GLORY BE TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST!!

No comments:

Post a Comment