Saturday, September 10, 2011

"Take everything you've learned and throw it out the window!"

So we horseback rode as an outing for work yesterday at Appy Orse Acres in Fredonia. Oh we had a good time alright, with lots of laughs. I thought it was pretty funny that me, being the only horse rider in the group, got on first and got yelled at!! I made Benji move before I was supposed to, then wasn't signaling him properly to move to the right... then I didn't have my reins on the correct side of the horse... sheesh! My friend Carol snuck over and quietly told me to forget everything I'd ever learned. :) While I had a ton of fun with them, I truly enjoy riding Brandi much more. She's so smooth and light on the bit, and I love riding direct rein. I guess neck rein is probably better, but I'm so used to direct rein now... I'll have to ask Tracy about that whole thing. :)

Benji was pretty good - he was a tad bit worried about the ginormous tent that was put up for the first time that day and that of course made me a little uneasy. But out on the trail he was good. I just wish I could get over the anxiety I feel sometimes. I need to remember to pray and know that God is with me and will never forsake me. There's really no reason to be afraid. If I think back on it, for every time I was ever afraid - the number of times I really actually had something to be afraid of is slim to none. Wow. That really is something to meditate on. Don't make a situation out to be more than it really is. (Um, hello? Mom and Grandma?) Brandi has never freaked out with me on her - maybe a spook or a tiny fit, but I have to remember that I know how to diffuse those things. And that I CAN'T STOP - I have to put her in to work afterwards so she knows it's no fun to be in those situations.

Woah, just read this: A test is required in order to have a testimony. Being an overcomer means you had to have something to overcome. May your life be a living testimony of God's power and love!

I want to be an overcomer! I already am to some extent, but I want more! :) Next week we're going to start 3 days per week training, and Moriah is going to work on taking Brandi out alone and desensitizing. I'm hoping this will help get me over my hump. I truly have nothing to be scared of. I just need to remember that when I'm IN the saddle! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment