Saturday, May 5, 2012

Closing a chapter...

Last week Al and I had a heart to heart. I realized that I had been putting too much of my time and energy in to things other than my family and our relationships. Maybe I was running from them - well, probably not maybe. The talk happened in such a weird way that I know it was an answer to my prayers. Well what I realized was that I took a passion - horses - and went overboard. When it wasn't working out for me the way I wanted, I would obsess. When it WAS working out for me, I would obsess. I just always had other things on my mind, and everything else was second fiddle. Not very nice. So, I decided that I need to close the horse chapter. So far, I'm ok with it. It does hurt and make me sad, but obviously my husband and family are a million times more important than any hobby. Besides, how many women WANT their husbands to be just like mine? I have every reason to refocus and realign my priorities. So, that is where I'm at. Sadly, though, tonight I was watching some video that Jill took of me riding Brandi and Texas, and I found myself with a huge smile on my face while riding Brandi, (well, and Texas!) and sadness in my heart. Maybe I'm closing this chapter, but it doesn't mean that an upcoming chapter will not include horses in it. I am just trying to stay in God's supernatural rest, and trust and listen to him. Whatever will happen will happen, and it will be in his time, not mine. Now, off to bed to probably dream about Leah. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment