Sunday, August 26, 2012

An intense happiness!

Well, the saddle fits! Yeah! Cheryl helped me out, and we ended up going with the existing pad I had, and adding a buck strap. YES! And, of course my Cocoa Puff did fantabulous with the buck strap. Soooo happy!! I've ridden him several times now and I'm really happy when I'm on him. I've only been around the yard, and down the driveways and down the road. Rachel rode him last week across the road in the field, and he did so good for her too! When Cheryl was helping me with the saddle fit, she trotted on him and SHE. WAS. ADORABLE. She looks so darn cute on him! :) And, that saddle. It is just awesome. It's light, it's pretty, and it's sooo comfortable! And it looks great on him.

I know I sound like a broken record, but really, he is just awesome. He is so sweet and patient, and he just seems to get me. He is exactly what I prayed for - he is no doubt 100% the answer to my prayers. I am so, so thankful God gave him to me. My heart goes pitter-patter just when I think of him. :) I love hugging him, smelling his perfect horsey-smell, kissing his awesome soft nose, and just being around him. He's the best.

Last night I rode him and had THE best ride on him that I've had so far. We again just went around the yard, the firepit, and in front of the house through the driveways. But the whole time, I was completely comfortable. I was happy to go around, and I can feel that I am slowly but surely gaining confidence and pushing my boundaries, little by little. :) Stacy was awesome, too, constantly checking on me making sure I'm ok. :) Stacy was on Freckles and Nicki rode Gus. It was really nice to have people to ride with. What a blessing! I was relaxed, and I focused on where we were going, and not on every flinch that happened along the way. :) I love my little Cocoa, and I hope he knows how much my heart swells with happiness when I am with him and when I think of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment