Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Good things come in small packages :)
Little Cocoa Puff... my horsey love!! Tonight, we had fun again. He "gets" the lunging exercise and does it really well. We worked on moving the hind quarters, and he did pretty good with that. I lunged him more, then I hopped on. I saddled him and he was a little head-flippy while lunging, but I think his mane was stuck under his saddle pad and it was pulling. Because he did fine with me on. I only did a tiny bit of walking, but he was a good boy. We need to work on moving hind quarters and backing, but flexing is next on the list after we master hind quarters!! I felt really good in the saddle - it's like I felt lighter or something... OH! I lost about 3 more pounds!! I'm down almost 10 - and I feel GRRRRRRRREAT! I'm so happy to be on a good road headed in the right direction. So I set two goals for this riding season... one is to be able to hop on Cocoa bareback from the ground, which will require some good leg strength and some good core and upper body strength. I got in the saddle from the ground tonight, and it was the easiest time I've ever had getting in a saddle from the ground. It was AH. MAY. ZING. I can tell my legs and butt are gaining strength again - what a great feeling! The other goal is to participate in a fun show doing something by the end of summer. If I don't make that one, I will not beat myself up. But I really want to at the very least TRY. :) Now I just have to decide if I want to have Christal come and give me lessons so I know what to expect... hmmm... maybe I'll ask little Molly to come over and work with me!! I'm so looking forward to summer and spending as much time as I can with my little horse. Here's the broken record again... I love him soooo much. I thank God for giving him to me!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment