And the very next day, I had a lesson on Dusty with Ute, and she tells me she has an idea. She told me that she is in need of a horse that already knows jumping - so that she can teach her students to jump on a horse that already knows how. She said that Dusty is a great horse but she doesn't normally teach students at that level, and she doesn't really need Dusty. She offered to give him to me. Yes, GIVE HIM TO ME!!!! I was speechless! I wanted to say yes but I couldn't just jump in to it. I needed to talk it over with Al first. So, I've been going back and forth in my head trying to decide. Seriously, I wanted him so bad, and then when I'm seriously faced with having him, I can't decide?? Well, after talking to Al, I decided yes and told Ute. But I haven't heard back from her since I told her (via text). She just wants Savannah to be able to still ride him, for her own pleasure. I'm totally OK with that. I trust her, and I know she is a good rider and will keep him tuned up for me. :) What a great deal!
It will be tight to have both boys, but I think this is what I'm supposed to do. I worry about my Cokes - he's in some pain. I had the chiropractor out last week and he seemed to feel better after his treatment. The problem with that, is... so if he only feels better after a treatment for a day (he seemed in pain again yesterday) how do I manage his pain for him? Nancy made me feel guilty because she said she knows horses that have worse arthritis that are "still being used". I don't know how I feel about that. Does that make it right? For me and/or Cocoa? If I can get him comfortable, to where he's not in pain, I doubt that I'd even ride him then. I can see the kids riding him, but I just really think I'm too heavy for him. I am going to take it one day at a time and see how it all goes.
So, I will report back once it's all finalized!!
No comments:
Post a Comment