Hmmmm, ok. Since my last post, I rode Dusty once by myself with Jackie and Sue in the arena. We did good, but I did something dumb and thought I would pony Cocoa around the arena while riding Dusty. Bite off more than you can chew much, Charlotte? Um yeah. I ended up putting Cocoa in Dusty's stall, where he was harassed by the horse next to him and was frantically calling out for Kimi. That in itself made me stressed. So, I cut my ride on Dusty short to go get Cokes and walk him around the arena. That was fine, but I felt such a sense of disappointment in myself, and almost guilt for thinking I could not feel bad about spending time on Dusty while Cokes didn't get the attention. I left with a very confused heart. And I prayed and tried to be still and listen.
So it's Thanksgiving weekend and we always have off Thursday and Friday. So, I ask Ute if I can ride Dusty Friday morning with Jackie, and she says yes. I get there, say hello to Cocoa, Kimi, and Jackie, and head up to the A barn to get Dusty and tack him up. I see Michelle and ask her where Dusty is outside and she tells me, but then she says "Be careful walking him in and out... You know about his blindness issues, right?" Um, no. I didn't. I suspected he might have issues in the one eye because it's got cloudiness in it. But I guess he's totally blind in the left and about 75% in the right. I saw Annette and mentioned that I didn't know he was going blind, and she said it's a sensitive subject with Ute. Of course I know that blind horses can be ridden just fine, so I tacked up and we rode. It went pretty good - I know that I was hesitant. So, I just decided to untack and hang out with Jackie. Putting him back in pasture was hard because it was very bright, I was nervous with those stupid wire gates, and I he really couldn't see well, so he was nervous and sniffing. Well, I safely got him back and all was well. I went back and hung out with Jackie for a bit, and ended up riding Kimi! Not a huge fan of the English saddle, but we did it. :) I was able to stay soft with my hands and legs and keep her where I wanted her to be. I can totally tell what I've learned in my lessons!! That's a great feeling.
Jackie said she'd love for me to ride Kimi more. I would like that too. I asked her what she thought about me putting Cocoa's saddle on her and she said let's give it a try. So we took her saddle off and put mine up there, and it looks like it'll work! She said she'd love to make some play dates. :) I know she likes me to ride Kimi. She said it's fun to watch someone else ride her.
I'm not sure where this journey is taking me, but I think it's pretty clear that I'm supposed to be on it. I am getting better everyday at just being still and trying to listen to what God is telling me. He brings such great blessings in to my life, I just need to trust and believe.
No comments:
Post a Comment