Monday, March 12, 2012

She's my baby girl!

Yesterday was a phenomenal day! The weather was gorgeous - mid 60's - and I had a wonderful ride on Frecks! What a great horse! AND, she loves attention and to snuggle. Um hello? This is what I have been wanting for all along! There is one thing - she's limping still. Jen brought up a good point that when I looked at Frecks last fall, she was limping then too. Stace said we'll keep an eye on her and if it continues she'll have the vet out. Well I'm certainly not going to ride her hard, but even just going up the hill I felt bad for her. I might look in to some glucosamine or something for her. As long as I'm not hurting her, I am really comfortable on her!

The neighbor's girlfriend's crazy Weim ran over and Frecks got a little nervous, but it was all good. I turned her in some circles and did some serpentines - yes, I was a bit nervous, but not scared enough to jump off. She was controllable and that was terrific! Then, all by myself, I took her around the property, up the big hill to the road and over around on the road a bit. She did the "turn-in" to the driveways, but I urged her forward - and she hardly gave me any flack at all!!!!!! With some consistent riding, she is not going to be hard to get to go out alone at all. She's a wonderful girl!

Even better - we took a short break from riding when Candi showed up. So, I sat on the step by the milkhouse, and Frecks put her head down by my face so I could pet her nose and snuggle her head!! Send me over the moon! Stace said she LOVES to be loved on. OMG, I believe this is meant to be. So she's not mine - Stacy said I can ride her all summer, and if I wanted to lease her we could work something out! How awesome-cool is that? I would pay for board and brush/ride her, and Stacy pays for hooves, vet, shots, teeth, feed… and I'm getting the best part of the deal! Love and trust and rides from an outstanding horse! I almost can't even believe this is really happening… I SHOULD believe it… I prayed and prayed and put my trust in The Lord, and this is obviously the direction he had me heading to the whole time. A few twists and turns along the way, but I'm only stronger because of them.

Mom came home yesterday afternoon from Mary's and I was telling her about my ride and how wonderful it was and Freckles is, and she says "So did you buy her?" Ummmm, nooooo. She's not for sale, mom. BUT, now that I think about that a bit, if she was for sale I would certainly scoop her up! I guess I've earned a reputation as a compulsive horse buyer? :)

I can't wait to have Jill out to take some pics and some videos of us together. She's the perfect size - not too small but def not too big, she's got such a pretty face, and her forelock and mane are thick and beautiful, as is her tail. I have to make a list of things to get from Fleet Farm - Cowboy Magic is first on the list! :)

It was pretty funny, too, that Hans was there said "I've got three horses for you to pick from, what color do you want?" LOL! Maybe I'll get to learn to ride Sambra after all! BUT, Frecks is my baby girl. :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment