WHAT a day. So many things have happened, one of which involves Brandi. Yesterday I emailed Tracy to see how they were doing, and to say hello. I also took the opportunity to ask if she'd had anything in mind for payment on Brandi. Mind you, it's been 6 weeks since I sold Texas, and when I told her I was selling him I asked her if she would pay me out for Brandi. She said sure. Well, since then, she's not made any attempt to contact me about Brandi - or anything.
Her response in my inbox this morning was that she hoped that I could bear with her because their 4-wheeler broke down and would cost about $1,000 to fix and she's trying to pay off her hay guy. OK. Then she went on to say that HONESTLY, she wouldn't have "taken" Brandi had she known she'd have to pay out cash for her. Um, you didn't "take" her, you "bought" her, like I didn't "take" Texas, I bought him. So then she said she can't break Mackenzie's heart, so she hoped I'd be understanding. Me, understanding? I have been nothing BUT! When have I ever not been understanding or nice or giving or go out of my way for them!?!?!?! REALLY???
Oh, I feel sooooo taken advantage of. In soooo many ways. Let's just see what else we can take Charlotte for... I can't believe I let this happen to me again. It's been a loooong time since someone's crossed me like this. I trusted and believed and had faith in her as a good person. I guess that's why God says trust not in men.
So Al and I have gone over this for over an hour, and we went back and forth as to whether or not we'd just go pick Brandi up. At first I wanted to, with the thought that maybe I would keep her. Then almost as fast as the thought came, it left. I sold her for a reason - we did not get along. What would be different? Brandi is still Brandi, and I'm still me. I still don't want to fight with her, and I still don't want to commit to the time she needs to keep her ridable. So no, I will not be going to get Brandi. She is in a good home and I am thankful for that - and that is what's most important to me. Instead, I'm going to offer up that she pay me two payments of $150 each - one in April and one in May - and we'll call it even. That's a $360 BREAK, friends. She is getting a really f------ good horse for $300. I sunk a lot in to her on top of that, so she's coming out smelling like a rose for sure.
Whether or not I'll speak my peace once I get (or don't get) the $300 I haven't decided yet. I need to forgive, but man, it's hard! I wanted this horse thing so badly, but all it's done is cost me money and heartache.
I'm done.
I may - MAY - ask Stacy if she'll lease me Freckles for like $50 a month. I'm not even sure I'm going to do that.
Al said to me after our conversation tonight - Please don't buy another horse. And I said - Don't worry, I won't. And I mean that.
Speaking of Al and conversation, he offered to go a little nuts on them and get Brandi. I was flattered by his wanting to protect me and make it right for me. :) My brut of a husband. :) He said within an hour of a conversation with them he'd have a trailer over there to get her, and I don't one bit doubt him. He is a force to be reckoned with sometimes! He also asked if I wanted him to go have a conversation with Gene. I told him no, it's not between him and Gene, it's between me and Tracy. Besides, Al would end up knocking Gene out and getting arrested, and I don't need THAT stress on top of everything else. And I'm not being sarcastic or joking - he really would. I know him too well.
So I'll be sending an email with my payment expectations tomorrow. We'll see what kind of response I get. Ultimately, I'm turning the page right now on something that has taught me a huge lesson. I hope it's gotten to her conscience - if the tables were turned, it'd be a "business transaction" and she'd expect payment. She should walk the walk since she can talk the talk.
No comments:
Post a Comment