Sunday, November 23, 2014

Dream it out... why not!?

Let me preface by saying, Cocoa is not going anywhere. He may be lame, but I am doing whatever I can to keep him feeling good. But, I also know the chance of me being able to ride him again are slim. And, I'm going to be honest with myself now... I don't really want to ride him again. I have found the riding partner I have always been looking for in Dusty, the Haflinger at the barn. I've been riding him for about a month and a half now, and I am really getting along with him so well! Riding him is easy, and it's fun. I don't know why, but I do not get afraid when I'm riding him. Last Wednesday, we had a horse freak out and ram right in to us, and he reacted fantastically - meaning minimally. He did a little scoot and stopped when I asked him to. It was great - as great as being ran in to in an arena could be. I was tense afterward when I'd get around other horses, but more tense in worrying about what THEY might do than Dusty! He is fantastic, I think he likes me, and I know I like him. His ground manners with me are very good - much better than my initial impression of him. I know I can handle him. And, I'll say it. I want him. Not sure how to afford to buy him and afford to board and vet both him and Cocoa. Pray, and pray lots. It may not be what I'm supposed to do - I guess I'll just keep praying about it to find the answer. Oh, one more admission... there was a girl that boards at the barn tonight with a friend, who was going to ride Dusty. I. Was. Jealous. I wanted to snatch him from them and say NO! He's MY horse!!! God, help me please.

No comments:

Post a Comment