Well, the last few weeks have been interesting! I've had some good experiences, and some that made me question myself and my abilities... again. The common thing is that even though I've gone back and forth in my head with the whole "what am I doing? I'm not good enough to do this. I'll never get it, I'll never be not afraid."... I have NOT stopped and not given up. I've somehow been able to accept where I am, talk to Ute about it, and start from where I'm at. And THAT makes me glad. I love that she assures me that we should not go forward until we have a good, solid foundation. If I can't do well in a walk, how can I do well in a trot? So she has been really great in encouraging me and keeping me from trash-talking myself. Just tonight she commented on how huge of a step I've taken since we started together. That makes me feel so good.
Tonight my lesson was on Dusty, and that was for a few reasons. I had asked Ute about learning to canter on Dusty, and continue lessons on Cocoa. So I think tonight, riding Dusty, was a good confidence reinforcement for me. Cocoa and I left on not-such-a-good-note Sunday. He was being very Kimi-sour, and acting naughty because of it. I think we may need to separate them for a bit. Anyway, back to Dusty and my lesson. Ute put us on the lungeline and worked us in to a sitting trot, then progressed to a posting trot. Turns out, I've been posting wrong! I had the main idea, but I was most certainly doing it "the lazy way". Ute showed me the correct place to hold my legs, place my feet, and how to hang on. She kept urging me to post up higher, higher, higher. I finally did get it and it was pretty alright!
No comments:
Post a Comment