Thursday, September 6, 2012

Bareback and fancy free

Third day in a row I, me, Charlotte Ann, rode bareback? YOU BETCHA, BABY! Now don't go thinking I went like on a 2 hour trail ride BB or something, :) it was just around the farm. BUT, it's something I would not have done so easily before. In fact, I don't know if I ever even got on Brandi sans saddle, and I know I never did with Texas. Leah I did, but it was kinda scary at the time. Anyway, Cocoa was really good to me. I love that boy so much. I am so happy at how we're bonding, and how each day I feel closer and closer to him. He has stolen my heart. :)

I hung out while he ate grass - I like taking him over to enjoy some lush snackin' while I'm with him. I love the sound of him eating, and I love watching him. If I click to him, he will turn my way, which I think is just the coolest. He watches me if I walk away, too. We are becoming true partners. I took some pics of him with my phone, but they are not as great as if I'd taken them with my camera. But, Jill is coming out on Sunday to take pics of us together. I'm really excited for that. She took some really cool pics of me & Brandi, and me & Tex, but this is different. I. Can't. Wait.

So I am enjoying what's left of the beautiful weather, and the quickly fading daylight. I thought to myself that I wish I could have gotten him earlier in the summer, but God's timing is perfect timing. I don't think I was ready anyway. :) If we are blessed with a mild winter like last year's I will be a-o-k. :)

OH, and when I got there, he came to me!! He came so far, then stopped and ate grass, but when I turned and walked around the corner to see if the water trough was over there, he came galloping to me!! My heart beats faster...

Cocoa, my heart is yours! I love you so much, handsome boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment