I'm so darn happy! :) I had a great ride on Cocoa tonight, and Stacy was riding Sambra. We hung around the yard/campfire pit, but my confidence builds and grows EVERY time I am on him! The other thing that was totally awesome about tonight is that I hopped on without using a bucket or stool or anything! :) It helps that he's a shorty, but I think I'm learning how to do it right finally! :) Last night I went up and brushed him and loved on him, and then took him over by the firepit to munch grass. While he was munching, I hopped on bareback!! I would NEVER have done that with any of my other horses ... maybe Leah, but I never did. It made me so happy!! We walked around a little, and he listened really well! I LOVE that little boy!!!
I am learning that he listens to me, and even though he may throw a tiny "testing" moment in, if I nudge him forward with an ask, he responds to me really well! He might not be totally 100% confident, but the more I maintain my confidence the better he responds, and then the more he trusts me. :) I know it sounds so simple, but if you could experience it the way I am, you'd totally understand. He's starting to understand that I will not take him into a dangerous situation.
I just need to keep my chin up and keep trying, and keeping praying and trusting God that in order to have those breakthroughs, I need to go THROUGH. I did that lots tonight, and that makes me pretty happy!
How did we end our ride? We ended it in almost darkness (totally cool!), with me hopping back on and riding him down the hill to the barn, because he was refusing to walk with me leading him. But he walked down great and trusted me. How much better can it get than that?! After I untacked him, I walked him a little ways down the hill where he freaks out. Each time we go a little further. It's good for both of us, and we're both doing GREAT!
I love you, Cocoa Puff, and you will be my pony soulmate for all of our days! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment