Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Get rid of the pressure!

I went up by Tex and Brandi last night, with plans of just taking it easy w/Tex, and giving him his wormer. I took him up to the arena, where Tracy was working his pasturemate, Scout. We just hung out for a bit, and I worked on him staying out of my space, giving me his attention when I ask for it, and I taught him to lower his head!! Yeah! I'm not sure if it's the right thing, but for now I think I'm just going to take it slow with him. Take it as it comes, do what's comfortable for us, and push the comfort zone little by little. I'm not in a race, and the more I'm around him and less nervous, the better it will be when we start riding in spring. I'm feeling good about this, now that I've taken the pressure off of myself. :) Texas is a good boy, and I'm going to bring out his best. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment