OK, so I've calmed down about feeling like I'm kicking Brandi to the curb. I put together her video for her "for sale" ad, though I feel a little sad, I know God will only let her go to a good home if I continue to ask him for that blessing. Things happen for a reason, and I have to accept it and move on now with Texas. I realized while reading all of those things I wrote about giving it a shot with Brandi, I wrote because I was trying to convince myself that that was the right thing to do. That I would fail if I decided to go another route. It's time I get honest with myself. If Tracy didn't think Texas was good for me, she would have told me not to buy him. And I had/have a strong pull toward him since I first rode him, so I need to feed on that. I kind of felt like once he was actually mine, I was afraid to do anything with him. Where before, I could just put him back and he wasn't my responsibility. Once I get Brandi sold, I will have Tracy put 30 or maybe even 60 days on him. Just like Brandi, he is only going to get better with consistent work. Who says it has to be me that's doing all of the work? So if I just do lessons all winter, we will be THAT much better for the spring riding season! And there is nothing wrong with just doing lessons right now. That's what we both need.
And so it shall be.
No comments:
Post a Comment