Terrific news!! Brandi's foot is about back to normal! Last night I went to check on her, took her up to the arena to lunge her, and she was giving me what looked like little steps that pained her. I almost immediately stopped. Thankfully, Tracy was there riding Xena, and asked if I could send her around again so she could watch. Well, Brandi had my number and was being totally lazy. Tracy told me to ask her to pick it up. Pinned ears and all, she bean trotting without limps!! I knew she was too smart for my own good. :) So now we'll watch her for the next couple of days to make sure she's on the mend. In the meantime, I've asked Tracy if she will sell Brandi for me. I think it's a smart decision - for 20% commission, I basically don't have to do anything. It's convenient - Tracy is almost always at the farm, she knows Brandi as well as - if not better than - I do, she's a good judge of whether or not a person is a good match or not, and she's done this MANY times before and is comfortable with it. It just makes the most sense.
I also realized something about myself this morning while getting ready for work. I am a learner. I love learning things. I seek out opportunities to learn things. So why should horse-learning be any different? The sense of accomplishment is great when a new thing I learned works out. I learned so much with Brandi, and now I will learn even more with Texas. I found Clinton Anderson on RFDTV and have been DV-Ring him so I can learn from him how he teaches a horse new things. I love how the horses respect him. I'm going to strive for respect FIRST, reward SECOND. At least that's the plan for this moment. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment